Tuesday, November 13, 2012

13.1 Car Magnet is in the mail

Well, Sunday came and went.  My first half-marathon.  I ran 13.1 miles in 2:16:29 which works out to a pace of 10:25 a mile.  Records certainly didn't fall but I am proud of my accomplishment nonetheless.  Yes, I did order a car magnet.  When it arrives I will proudly display the 13.1 oval magnet on my car.  A symbol that not everyone will recognize - but my fellow runners certainly will.  The race was great.  Nine miles came and went like nothing.  Once I hit mile ten I knew without a doubt I would finish.  I ran more of it than I did in training, only walking through the water stations - mostly because I haven't quite mastered the art of running and drinking from a Dixie cup yet.  Crossing the finish line was very emotional and very exciting.  This was my first half, but certainly not my last.  I am looking forward to completed a full next year sometime.  Sunday was my day and nothing stood in my way...not only was I physically prepared I was mentally prepared to do the distance which I think is just as important.

No comments:

Post a Comment