Thursday, December 13, 2012

Race, Race Race

I was fortunate enough to participate in races two weekends in a row.  I did the Color Vibe on December 1st and the Hot Chocolate 5K on December 9th.

The Color Vibe was loads of fun!  This was my first time and definitely won't be the last.  It isn't a race that you should be concerned about your time.  It is a race to have fun and get covered in color!  I would definitely recommend it.

The Hot Chocolate 5K was a great race too.  The traffic situation was a nightmare, but I am used to the ease of getting to and from races in the Tucson area.  If I ever do this race again I will stay at a hotel within walking distance.  We got to the exit we were supposed to get off at an hour before the race.  Fifteen minutes before the race and still about a mile away we bailed from the car and ran in.  Thank goodness my husband drove us or we would have missed the race.

Traffic aside it was a fun race.  I set a PR.  My fastest 5K ever - 28:34.  I had a pace of 9:12.  The best part was my wonderful husband was waiting at the finish line!

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment